See the film: Waging Change:
- If you missed registering for the conversation with Saru Jayaraman and Abby Ginzberg, you can still see the film through 10/19 here: (password: WACHAN_ADFS)
- Watch the taped ADFS conversation with Saru and Abby here.
- If you miss the 10/19 cutoff, the UNAFF Film Festival will be screening Waging Change on October 25, 2020.
- To donate to creating a post-pandemic segment for Waging Change, go to: http://wagingchange.com/donate
- To sign up for Waging Change newsletter, go to: http://wagingchange.com/contact
To help tipped workers hurt by Covid 19:
- Make a contribution at www.ofwemergencyfund.org The money goes for relief, but ALSO to help engage restaurant workers to VOTE for candidates in favor of One Fair Wage.
- In California, Vote No on Pro 22, which attempts to treat gig workers the way that tipped workers have been treated for so long.
- Check out what tipped workers are doing to organize and apply pressure for more effective legislation at Fight Don’t Starve
- See what California restaurants that are paying their workers a living wage are doing at High Road Kitchens
Learn more about Tipped Workers and organizations that represent them:
- One Fair Wage
- Restaurant Opportunities Center United
- Economic Policy Institute, Seven Facts About Tipped Workers and the Tipped Minimum Wage
- The book Abby mentioned was Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class, by Ian Haney Lopez